วันอาทิตย์, กุมภาพันธ์ 25, 2567

"ฉันอยากเป็นขี้เถ้ามากกว่าฝุ่น... Jack London นักเขียนชาวอเมริกัน (1876 - 1916)


Rather Be Ashes Than Dust

Sep 6, 2023

"Rather be Ashes than Dust" is a first person documentary chronicling a journalist-filmmaker's struggle with his conscience while witnessing intense police brutality against protesters during the 2019 movement in Hong Kong. In 2020, a year into the protest movement, China imposed the National Security Law on Hong Kong, taking away its judicial independence and the many freedoms promised by the Joint Declaration, including the freedom of expression. Many journalists had to decide: do I shut up, go to prison, or leave? 

Using the Hong Kong protest movement in 2019 as a backdrop, this film will follow a video journalist's four-years journey to find the answers to these questions.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QRxnQNCaXzc
.....

I’m from Andromeda
9h·

"ฉันอยากเป็นขี้เถ้ามากกว่าฝุ่น...

แม้มันจะมอดไหม้ แต่นั่นหมายความว่าประกายไฟของฉันได้ลุกโชนขึ้นมาแล้วก่อนที่จะสิ้นอายุขัย ดีเสียกว่าจะเป็นแค่ฝุ่นที่ติดอยู่ที่ใดที่หนึ่งตลอดไป

ฉันอยากเป็นดาวตกที่ดีที่สุด ฉันอยากให้ทุกอะตอมในตัวฉันได้ส่องแสงออกมาอย่างงดงาม มากกว่าที่จะเป็นดาวเคราะห์อันน่าเบื่อและไร้จุดจบ

หน้าที่ของมนุษย์คือการมีชีวิตอยู่ ไม่ใช่แค่เพียงคงอยู่ ฉันจะไม่เสียเวลาไปกับการพยายามยืดชีวิต

ฉันจะใช้เวลาของฉันที่เหลืออยู่ให้ดีที่สุด"
...
"I would rather be ashes than dust!

I would rather that my spark should burn out in a brilliant blaze than it should be stifled by dry-rot.

I would rather be a superb meteor, every atom of me in magnificent glow, than a sleepy and permanent planet.

The proper function of man is to live, not to exist.

I shall not waste my days in trying to prolong them.

I shall use my time."

Jack London นักเขียนชาวอเมริกัน (1876 - 1916)